Visy Oy specializes in gate automation and access control solutions in four core sectors: ports and terminals, customs agencies and border crossings, intermodal and rail operations and industrial facilities.
Its solutions transform customers’ processes by cutting waste and increasing productivity, with a proven return on investment in as little as six months.
Each day, Visy Oy’s systems manage more than 5 million access and area control decisions in more than 25 countries. Its Alarm Gate, for example, is the longest-running border traffic control system in Europe.
As well as that, the Visy IRS OCR has correctly identified more than 750 million containers, trains, trailers and license plates since the company was founded in 1994.
In the years since its founding, Visy Oy has been developing and delivering innovative IT solutions to industrial facilities.
It has been an innovator in the marine and intermodal markets, with some of its products, its optical character recognition and container number recognition software, for instance, making it a market leader.
- Visy Container Recognition
Visy’s container recognition is a state-of-the-art tool that consists of deep neural network image processing algorithms that allow it to automatically extract the container ID and ISO type and size code from the container images. In addition to these, dangerous goods labels and classification, seal presence and door side can be detected.
Visy has a strong background in machine vision algorithms and highly educated signal processing team that keep us on top of the image processing field. Our container recognition is proven to work in various extreme weather conditions ranging from arctic cold to tropic.
The container OCR software tool functions as a natural part of our Gate Operating System, but can be integrated to customers own software package as an individual component. All equipment used for container recognition are commercially off-the-self hardware and the image processing is done on separate centralized OCR computers.
- Container number recognition (OCR) including verification of the check-digit
- Dangerous goods, IMO, ADR, ISO code recognition
- Railcar/wagon number recognition
- RFID support
- Damage inspection imaging
- Real-time tracking of railcars/wagons and container sequence over multiple rail tracks
- Fully automatic and self-sustaining
- Web services
- Seamless interfacing with multiple external management systems
- 24/7 nonstop operation
- Remote maintenance
- Visy Access Gate
Visy Access Gate is a highly versatile access control and gate operating system (GOS) designed to streamline operations by automating gate processes.
Visy Access Gate makes the flow of vehicles and freight more efficient, therefore increasing throughput and reducing congestion in the operation.
Visy Access Gate enables you to effectively handle even vast volumes of gate transactions. It is a flexible system that can easily adjust and grow with changes in the operations. The number of configurations of controlled areas, gates, lanes, cameras, users etc. is unlimited.
Customers include container terminals, ferry terminals, port authorities, logistics sites and industrial companies.
- Increases productivity
- Reduces processing time
- Enhances accuracy, safety and security
- Recognition of vehicles, personnel, containers and cargo
- Traffic control and guidance
- Simple interfacing with TOS, ERP, VBS and other systems
- Damage inspection, high quality imaging
- Numerous identification and device options
- Management tools for reports and performance analysis
- Web services for 3rd parties
- Remote system support
- All software by Visy, all hardware commercial-off-the-shelf
- Visy Oy presentation at TOC Americas 2019 – 29/10/2019
Join John Lund at TOC Americas in Cartagena, Colombia on 29 – 31 October 2019. John will be speaking on the TECH TOC Automation: Part 1 panel on Tuesday, 29th October at 2:15pm – 3:45pm. The presentation will cover Visy TopView (spreader OCR) and will include a case study on how it improves CHE productivity.
- Tech Toc Americas – 13/11/2019 – 15/11/2019
Visy is participating in TECH TOC Conference with John Lund presenting latest Visy developments at TECH TOC: Automation, on Tuesday the 13th at 1:45 pm. See TECH TOC Agenda here More information: TOC Americas