TT Club has unparalleled experience in transport and logistics insurance. At any one time, we handle around 10,000 open claims files – covering everything from bodily injuries, contractual disputes and misdeclared cargo to forklift truck collisions and sinking ships.
This wealth of experience brings you:
- Expertise in tailoring the right cover for you
- Experience in helping you to avoid unnecessary risks
- A single source of knowledge, readily available
- Confident judgements on whether a claim is worth pursuing in court or not
- Support from specialist surveyors, lawyers and other experts
An integrated service
Unlike general insurers, we are transport specialists. Our network of local partners – spanning 200 countries – share our integrated IT systems. Our extensive geographic reach ensures we can always get the right person on site quickly – a local expert who not only speaks the language and appreciates the culture, but also understands all the applicable laws and regulations.
Creating added value
As a Member organisation, we continually seek to deliver added value through a range of extra benefits:
We work actively with industry bodies to promote and implement large-scale risk management and loss prevention programmes
Industry involvement. We engage in international forums and trade associations, influencing issues that affect our Members, including COA, FIATA, IAPH, ICHCA, ILO, IMO and PEMA.
Developing best practice.
We continue to be a key player in international debates affecting a range of industry issues, such as the International Ship and Port Facility Security (ISPS) Code, the revision of the IMO of regulations relating to container weighing and CTU packing
We regularly publish information that enables our Members to stay in touch with significant industry developments. These publications include our monthly e-newsletter, TT Talk, stop loss brochures, risk management guides and handbooks
Training and Support.
We provide a range of popular training and support services, including seminars and workshops tailored to your precise circumstances and claims history.
TT Club was established as a mutual non-profit insurer, similar to the P&I Clubs, using all premiums and investment income for paying claims, administration costs and building up reserves with the Board of Directors drawn from the Club’s membership. There were originally three joint managers all drawn from the P&I sector, although Thomas Miller assumed sole responsibility and remains the management company today.
TT Club over the years
The TT Club has maintained its tradition of responding to industry developments and customers’ requirements.
1969 Expanded our initial insurance offering and introduced cover for container terminals
1976 Opened an office in Sydney
1977 Opened offices in New York and Hong Kong
1988 Launched our Port Authority product to cover the landlord and non-operational risks
1995 Opened offices in Genoa and Antwerp
1996 Created ClaimsTracTM, enabling the progress of individual claims to be monitored online
1997 Opened Singapore office
1998 Offices opened in Shanghai, Beijing and Taiwan
2005 In response to the lengthening global supply chain and changing role of freight forwarders, launched the Logistics Operator cover
2010 Launched the Cargo Product enabling freight forwarders to offer instant cover for their customer’s cargo
TT Club Service Commitment
Priding ourselves on the service we deliver to our Members. Our Service Commitment shows the high standards we set and gives Members a benchmark of what to expect.
- All our dealings with you will be conducted with integrity
- We value feedback on our performance and will deal with it constructively and promptly
- We will retain a high level of expertise and knowledge about the industries you operate in
- An underwriter and claims executive will have responsibility for managing your relationship with the Club
- We will agree a communication protocol with you
- Our general operating standards will, however, be based upon us seeking to answer urgent correspondence within the same working day, priority correspondence within 3 working days and routine correspondence within ten working days
- We will be available to you after office hours and in case of emergencies
Send a direct enquiry: RFQs, RFPs, Tenders
As ports and terminals diversify into other activities like freight forwarding and logistics they need insurance that is flexible enough to cover new risks and eventualities. As well as port …
TT Club insurance for ship operators offers a comprehensive package of liability and equipment cover to ship owners, charterers and combined transport operators in deep sea, short sea and river …
The role of the transport operator has evolved over the years with increasing competition and changing regulatory frameworks leading to greater exposure to risks and liabilities. TT Club offers comprehensive cover …