OSIsoft has been dedicated to helping people transform their world through data. Our software turns data streams in transportation into rich, real-time insights to reduce cost and improve performance.
The PI System for Ports
With the explosion of data, it is no longer efficient or cost-effective to use conventional methods for accessing silos of data. We deliver an open enterprise infrastructure, the PI System™, to connect sensor-based data, systems, and people.
Through a single infrastructure, companies are able to transform their business and make impactful decisions related to:
- Asset Management
- Asset Maintenance
- Network Capacity
- Energy Management
- Regulatory Compliance
- On-time performance
The result: real-time, actionable insight that empowers companies to optimize and transform their business.
Some of the largest port operators in the world have been using the PI System to achieve operational excellence. Thanks to the solution, they were able to:
- Track real-time usage and performance data across all assets at their ports – from the utilization rates of equipment and the specific RPM of tugs to the real-time fuel use of tug boats
- Increase visibility into their asset by bring all their data into one single database accessible to all designated users
- Analyze equipment performance, utilization rates, operating costs and revenue to set performance benchmarks.
- Reduce maintenance costs, improve productivity of individual assets and increase its effective capacity.
Improve port’s overall margin and increase its capacity
- Assess the health of their assets and thus shift from scheduled maintenance to predictive maintenance, based on the actual condition of the equipment
Discover how some of the port operators achieved this by exploring the ‘Product’ section of our profile.
The PI System: The Inside Secret of the Industrial Internet of Things
OSIsoft’s PI System is one of the world’s most widely-used technologies for the Industrial Internet of Things. The PI System captures data from sensors, manufacturing equipment and other devices and transforms it into rich, real-time insights that people use to reduce costs, transform operations, dramatically improve overall productivity, or create new products and services.
Some of the world’s largest organizations, including over 1,000 leading utilities, 95 percent of the largest oil and gas companies and more than 65 percent of the Fortune 500 industrial companies, rely on the PI System for critical processes and decisions. The PI System can be found inside wind farms, advanced manufacturing facilities and control rooms everywhere. We also collaborate with hardware and software vendors such as Rockwell Automation, SAP, Microsoft, Dell, HPE and ESRI on products and technologies for bridging the IT-OT gap. Worldwide, the PI System manages over 1.5 billion sensor-based data streams.